turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1040-X

Please help:  I am so lost and confused that I am afraid to try any thing and make it worse.  I will try to go back to the beginning.

1-I started to make the corrections for the late arriving of a1099-div,1099-B from one source and a1099-R from my bank (3 corrections or additions). I did this before 1040-X came out. I realized this may be a mistake, I so tried return my 1040-SR to what it was when I filed.

2-When I got the 1040-X the refund did not go back to zero, It said I had a 44 refund but then the amount shown as being applied to 2021 taxes was reduced by same amount. I thought I corrected this on the  original Federal Carryover worksheet.  I entered the missed 1099s again it showed a higher refund with the carryover reduced by the same amount.   WAS THIS MY FIRST MISTAKE? RATHER THAN TRYING TO GET MY REFUND TO ZERO i SHOULD HAVE KEPT WORKING TO THE END OF FORM??

3-When I enter my "A" sales from the bank.  ("A" sales were the only ones I missed on the original filing) I entered "D" and "E" again  (I think this was my 2 mistake) The answer to my question Was to Check Form 8949 see if I deleted them. I am not sure  which 8949 they were referring to the original on filing or one crated with the 1040-X I have tried entering and deleting so many times I no know where I stand with the 1040-X.               Tank for any help you can give.  This is the first time I had to fill out a 1040-X

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

1040-X

Click this link for info on How to Undo an Amendment.

Only enter the changed items; you are correct that you didn't need to enter anything from your 1099-B that was entered in  your original return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

1040-X

It depends. I will try to work on this with you to see if we can eliminate all of the 1040X and get the return back to zero. Let me ask a few questions to get started and I will be with you to get this resolved.

1. Is this Turbo Tax online or Desktop?
  2. When did you submit your original return to be filed.
  3. let me know if you are here and we will continually dialogue. I haven't done anything like this before so lucky you.  You are the first.

1040-X

1  I purchased turbo tax on line

2  I filed e-filed near the end of February.  I was accepted

3  where and how do I find your help?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

1040-X

Click this link for info on How to Undo an Amendment.

Only enter the changed items; you are correct that you didn't need to enter anything from your 1099-B that was entered in  your original return.

1040-X

thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies