If you started amending your tax return by accident and would like to cancel the amendment, follow the steps below. You'll need to undo any changes you made during the amendment process.
- Open your return if it isn't already open.
- In the left menu, select Cancel Amend.
- Select Yes, I want to cancel my amended return and Continue.
- Remove any forms or changes you made to your return before or after the amend process was canceled.
- Add back in any forms you deleted while amending your return.