1040-X

Please help:  I am so lost and confused that I am afraid to try any thing and make it worse.  I will try to go back to the beginning.

1-I started to make the corrections for the late arriving of a1099-div,1099-B from one source and a1099-R from my bank (3 corrections or additions). I did this before 1040-X came out. I realized this may be a mistake, I so tried return my 1040-SR to what it was when I filed.

2-When I got the 1040-X the refund did not go back to zero, It said I had a 44 refund but then the amount shown as being applied to 2021 taxes was reduced by same amount. I thought I corrected this on the  original Federal Carryover worksheet.  I entered the missed 1099s again it showed a higher refund with the carryover reduced by the same amount.   WAS THIS MY FIRST MISTAKE? RATHER THAN TRYING TO GET MY REFUND TO ZERO i SHOULD HAVE KEPT WORKING TO THE END OF FORM??

3-When I enter my "A" sales from the bank.  ("A" sales were the only ones I missed on the original filing) I entered "D" and "E" again  (I think this was my 2 mistake) The answer to my question Was to Check Form 8949 see if I deleted them. I am not sure  which 8949 they were referring to the original on filing or one crated with the 1040-X I have tried entering and deleting so many times I no know where I stand with the 1040-X.               Tank for any help you can give.  This is the first time I had to fill out a 1040-X