Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1040-ES

What version of Turbo Tax do need to enter a 1040-ES amount paid?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

1040-ES

You can enter estimated payments made in the Deluxe, Premier and Self-Employed versions of Turbotax. 

Estimated payments made are reported on Schedule 3 this year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

65 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

1040-ES

You can enter estimated payments made in the Deluxe, Premier and Self-Employed versions of Turbotax. 

Estimated payments made are reported on Schedule 3 this year.

1040-ES

I made four payments of $500.00 each to in response to the 1040=ES info the IRS sent me.

Where do I enter this for credit in turbo Tax?

1040-ES

How do i access Schedule Three?

1040-ES

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.

OR

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Federal on left or at top.  Personal (Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits at top

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated Taxes - click the start button

1040-ES

I have a question,

I have filed myu taxes with  Intuit Turbo Tax today, I dont know why the system has generated $ vouchers for estimate payment for 2020, I dont remember the turbo tax asked for that.

my question !!!!

I have a refund !!! is nothint to pay but the system has generated these 4 payments - estimated payments to make for next year's return?

I have to pay these voucher !!!!

Thank you !!!

1040-ES

No.  You can ignore the 1040ES.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or a large capital gain. They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

If you are receiving a refund or low tax due and TurboTax prepared the vouchers then your tax liability was probably reduced by credits. Your Tax Liability is the amount on 1040 line 12b.  It is the tax you owe on your income.  But you might qualify for credits that can reduce your tax due or even give you a refund.

1040-ES

I believe I read where qrtly estimated pymts for Apr 21 and Jun 15 were pushed back to July 15.  Is that correct?  If so, which of the Form 1040-ES vouchers should I use?  Or, is there another revised 1040-ES form I should be using?  Thanks for your help.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

1040-ES

@taxrookie49

The first installment of estimated taxes normally due on April 15, 2020 has been been extended to July 15, 2020. You'll use the first voucher.

The second installment due on June 15, 2020 has not been extended and is still due on June 15, 2020. If you have not yet paid the second installment, you should pay it now. You use the second voucher.

1040-ES

I don't see anywhere to enter my 1040ES payments

1040-ES

For 2020 Estimates Paid go directly to 1040 line 26 with refund applied from 2019.

You enter state estimated payments under the federal side (because they can be a federal itemized deduction)

Be careful not to enter estimates under Income Taxes Paid Paid

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.

OR
To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in Jan 2020 for 2019 (or Jan 2021 for 2020), go to
Federal or Personal (for Home & Business version)
Deductions and Credits
Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Estimated Taxes - click the Start or Update button

PattiF
Expert Alumni

1040-ES

VolvoGirl is absolutely correct about how to enter the estimated payments. The Jump To link is for TurboTax Desktop and the second instructions are for TurboTax Online.

1040-ES

Where can I get 2021 Form 1040-ES? I'm using the 2020 Premier version of Turbo Tax.

1040-ES

Yes the 2020 versions have the 2021 estimates.  Don't know if they are ready  yet.  But

You can figure the estimates by going to
Federal Taxes or Personal (Home & Business program)
Other Tax Situations
Other Tax Forms
Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

Here are the 1040ES instructions and blank forms (where to mail is on page 4)
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

Or pay directly on the IRS website. Payment options for paying your Federal income tax…..
https://www.irs.gov/Payments

1040-ES

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies