reginabarry

Program is flagging an error on Recover Rebate Credit Worksheet Line 19

I am completing taxes for my mother who passed away 8/18/2020.  She received the 1st stimulus check in May 2020 when she was still alive.  She did not receive the 2nd payment which I think is correct, however the program is flagging Line 19 of the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet as an error.    How should I handle this error?

CatinaT1

Actually, if your mother passed in 2020, she is eligible for both payments. Review your answers in this section now knowing she is eligible.

You can see for yourself by

We are sorry for your loss. You may wish to review this resource for more tax guidance: Death in the Family.

For full details, see IRS Resource: 2020 Publication 559: Survivors, Executors, and Administrators

CatinaT1

You can see for yourself by

reginabarry

Thank you very much for your response. It has helped me tremendously and also educated me to more that I need to learn about filing my moms final tax return.