or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reginabarry
Level 1

Program is flagging an error on Recover Rebate Credit Worksheet Line 19

I am completing taxes for my mother who passed away 8/18/2020.  She received the 1st stimulus check in May 2020 when she was still alive.  She did not receive the 2nd payment which I think is correct, however the program is flagging Line 19 of the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet as an error.    How should I handle this error?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Actually, if your mother passed in 2020, she is eligible for both payments. Review your answers in this section now knowing she is eligible.

You can see for yourself by

We are sorry for your loss. You may wish to review this resource for more tax guidance: Death in the Family.

For full details, see IRS Resource: 2020 Publication 559: Survivors, Executors, and Administrators

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Actually, if your mother passed in 2020, she is eligible for both payments. Review your answers in this section now knowing she is eligible.

You can see for yourself by

We are sorry for your loss. You may wish to review this resource for more tax guidance: Death in the Family.

For full details, see IRS Resource: 2020 Publication 559: Survivors, Executors, and Administrators

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
reginabarry
Level 1

Thank you very much for your response. It has helped me tremendously and also educated me to more that I need to learn about filing my moms final tax return. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v