Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davidbrennerusn
Returning Member

Process after my Turbo Tax product return has been approved and refund number assigned

I purchased Turbo Tax 2023 Premier desktop version from amazon.com.  I was dissatisfied, and I requested a refund using the on line submission tool. A case number was provided, and I was given a link to track the progress of that request, and was told in my original email that I would be given a subsequent email once a decision had been made on my request.

After a few days, I tracked my request, and it shows it as approved, and a "Refund Number" is listed at the bottom of the form.  But several days have now passed and I still have not received an email stating the decision that would presumably provide information as to what happens next. 

I did some sleuthing around and read the fine print terms and conditions about the Satisfaction Guaranteed policy, and I found an address listed (Intuit Inc, ATTN: Returns Department, PO Box 580926, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158) where I think I would send it, but there is nothing in there such as a form that would even ask my mailing address for my refund check ... so I am hesitant to blindly send back software to Intuit's warehouse and it get to some mailroom where they are like, "what am I supposed to do with this?"......

Shouldn't I be receiving some sort of email from Intuit now that a refund number has been assigned with additional information as to what the next steps are? 

I tried calling customer service multiple times, but the phone tree only sends me to product support, and then one of two things happen - they try to transfer me to another department and the call drops, or they send me a link to start the process of requesting a refund (which I have already completed).

Any help appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Process after my Turbo Tax product return has been approved and refund number assigned

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
davidbrennerusn
Returning Member

Thanks, but that's not really applicable.  It's not a billing issue.  It's an Intuit process issue.  The question is whether Intuit sends an email after an approval with additional instructions.  Anyone who may have successfully returned any Intuit product before should be able to provide insight as to the process; I just haven't done so previously.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Did you request the refund through Amazon or through Intuit?

Here's the link to Request a Refund for TurboTax from Intuit. 

If you attached a copy of your receipt (as requested on the refund form), they would have your Order Number and Name/Address, etc.

Here's more info about Product Refunds.  Otherwise, you can contact Customer Service at 800-446-8848 or 888-829-8608.  

@davidbrennerusn 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
davidbrennerusn
Returning Member

I requested it through Intuit, because it the reason for the refund request was my dissatisfaction with Intuit, not amazon.  Amazon didn't do anything wrong, and since the product was opened up and used, it's not their obligation to refund.  But because Intuit offers 60 days of guaranteed satisfaction, and I wasn't satisfied, it was their policy I was utilizing.  So while they have my receipt, it's an amazon receipt, amazon order number, etc. - hence my confusion as to how they can refund the money since it went through amazon.

Sadly, Turbo Tax, the product itself, I find to be a fantastic tool.  It's Intuit's account support team that has lost me as a customer, which is unfortunate ... because that should really be the easy part of it!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies