Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

C45til2061
Returning Member

PRINT AND SAVE YOUR TAX RETURN

I did, i got this program at Costco, my desktop is new & I download the program by myself. Last year Costco installed for me in same desktop. Why is so difficult this year?

C45til2061
Returning Member

I got the format where you have to choose where to Save as PDF or preview print copy, but do not generate the forms; when i go to get it in downloads i receive a notification 'File is not found'. Please help!

C45til2061
Returning Member

I always choose Preview Print Copy but this year I am not able to see it. I had been using Turbo Tax in the last 5 years. First time I look for help.

C45til2061
Returning Member

your answer is good, the only problem is that i can not print, neither preview the forms. Because i got a message with "File not found".

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support and request to speak to a tech support agent who can assist with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@C45til2061

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
momo7788

I want to print my returns

@momo7788 wrote:

I want to print my returns

Sign onto your online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Click on Preview or print return

rjcossart

HOW DO I PRINT MY FEDERAL 1040 AND NORTH CAROLINA FORMS FOR 2021.  I HAVE PAID MY TURBO TAX FEES AND HAVE FILED FEDERAL

@rjcossart wrote:

HOW DO I PRINT MY FEDERAL 1040 AND NORTH CAROLINA FORMS FOR 2021.  I HAVE PAID MY TURBO TAX FEES AND HAVE FILED FEDERAL

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

momo7788

I give up  I will have to go find forms and do it myself   there doesn't seem to be any way to print my taxes   keep going in circles with you     YOU WIN!!!!!!  I quit!!!!!!!

@momo7788 wrote:

I give up  I will have to go find forms and do it myself   there doesn't seem to be any way to print my taxes   keep going in circles with you     YOU WIN!!!!!!  I quit!!!!!!!

Try this procedure -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

BK79
Returning Member

Turbotax will not let me save as pdf or print any forms

@BK79 wrote:

Turbotax will not let me save as pdf or print any forms

If you are using the TurboTax online editions you have to pay the TurboTax online account fees before you can print a tax return.  Or you have to file the federal tax return and the IRS has accepted the tax return before the return can be printed.

If you have filed the tax return -

BK79
Returning Member

I have finished my Federal and State forms. When I click to print a copy it will not let me print it. When I click save to PDF it will not let me save.  I want to file by mail but cannot print it out to do so nor can I save it as pdf.

I had the same thing happen to me! I just kept trying things until it finally saved under:

This PC

Downloads

I opened my File Explorer (yellow folder), copied the file and pasted it to my documents to save it.

To purchase the Audit Defense it had me login to my Intuit account and the same thing happened again when I tried to save that, but at least this time I knew the go around.

This was ridiculous, this bug needs to be fixed!  Turbo Tax has been great for years, but this last edition is a hot mess. When the hardest part of doing your taxes is Save and Print, it let's me know I may need to purchase from a competitor next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies