Please see the instructions below for entering W-2 income and also entering any estimated taxes you may have paid throughout the year (this is tax you paid outside of what was withheld on your W-2).
To enter your W-2:
- On the Tax Timeline menu at the top of the screen, select "Federal Taxes".
- Select "Wages and Income" underneath on the second menu bar.
- Select "Start" next to "Job (W-2)" to add your W-2 information.
Please see the instructions below for entering your estimated tax payments:
- On the Tax Timeline, select Federal Taxes
- Select Deductions & Credits
- Scroll down to "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid", then click "Show more" to expand the list
- Click Start (or Revisit) next to "Estimates"
- Select "Federal estimated taxes for 2016 (Form 1040ES)"
- Enter any federal estimated tax payments you made for 2016. Change the dates paid if necessary.