turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was charged twice for my return.

I just finish filling my return and got charged twice for the same return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaS

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information regarding double charges.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300086

View solution in original post

22 Replies

what can I do about this?
pkenn241

Same here

Same here

When I get toward the end on the e-file it's showing 39.99 for 2 different items.

i got chaged 39.99 and 50.00
wimpette

So now what? It was supposed to be 39.99
wimpette

If this is what will happen I won't use turbo tax anymore

This is an old answered thread from 2 years ago, and will not show up as needing help, which is why the recent comments above were not addressed.   No one could see them in the usual way.  So I will close it.  If you have questions about your fees, please start a new timely thread at the link lower down in this comment where you can be questioned and assisted..  

But I'll leave the following info about 2 common situations in which there can be 2 charges of 39.99.

If you see 2 charges of 39.99, it could be for preparing a Deluxe Federal return at 39.99 and a state return at 39.99.

Or it could be a Deluxe Federal return at 39.99, and an additional service fee of 39.99 if you chose to pay the product fees out of the Federal refund (44.99 for California filers.)

If you need to start your own thread, use the link below so it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters..  If you need more room, lower on the form you will come to another box with plenty of room to enter details.  This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.
ChelseaS

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information regarding double charges.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300086

and I ended up having to mail it. I would like a refund of both charges

@irenethomson wrote:

and I ended up having to mail it. I would like a refund of both charges

This is mainly a public user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  Nothing account-specific is handled here, but we may be able to explain your fees or how to get help with your fees from TurboTax Support.

You haven't said what product you used, so it's hard to comment on the fees until you do.  Did you use Online TurboTax or desktop version (CD/download).   And if Online TurboTax, what edition (Deluxe, Premier, etc.)?   And what you were charged for  (Federal and state returns, etc.), and why do you think you were charged twice?

In Online TurboTax, the fees are for preparation of the returns, and the fees are the same regardless of how filed--i.e., no matter if efiled or printed and mailed.

If you are using the desktop version (CD/download), the fees are structured differently. 

Without information about what you were specifically charged for, it's hard to comment.

Jotdot1

I was charged $42.74 and then charged $53.30 why was l charged to different amounts?

@Jotdot1 wrote:

I was charged $42.74 and then charged $53.30 why was l charged to different amounts?

Charged for what?   What tax year are you referring to?

What tax product did you purchase--online TurboTax or a CD/download--and what edition--Deluxe, Premier, etc.?

Did you purchase a Federal return, and then added on a state program?

Did you purchase a CD/download, but used the online version by mistake?

In any case, here's how to reach TurboTax Support to correct any charges:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Kifley

I'm charged twice for e filling my state tax.

On the first one, $25.00 was withdrawn to file my tax but the document totally disappeared and I have to do all over again. Then I have to pay again to e file. Please refund me $25.00. Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies