Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Raytax

How do I delete Form 2210?

I agree, plus the management really must not care.  Next year I'll be looking for a customer friendly co.

I got a successful submission by using a suggestion from above (changing last years tax due to $0 and deleting Form 2210). THANKS TO YOU, USER GROUP FOLKS!!!  BOO to TT Management / Programming staff who must've been on a voluntary 35 day mental shutdown along with the Feds.
alj
Level 2

So if a person ends up having to file by mail as some have said turbotax representatives have told them to do, does that mean TT will give at least a partial refund since their price includes e-file? Seems like that's the right thing for them to do.

I am speaking TurboTax to fix the bug, give us all a refund on the software this year AND give us the software for free next year. This problem has been going on too long, no way I'm letting this slide!

Here's the solution that seems to have worked for me. I am using the online version. Go to the other tax situations section. Revisit the penalty section. Go through the questions. In the part where it pulls your info from last year (underpayment and AGI) zero out the numbers. This eliminated Form 2210 from my return. I just refiled so we'll see what happens.

Here is how I fixed mine.
I looked into the solution that was mentioned several times in the responses (putting 0 for the 2017 tax liability), and found out that I cant do that. There are only two conditions that would allow for a value of 0 to be reported. 1- you were not required to pay any taxes in 2017 OR 2- you got refunded 100% of all taxes that you had paid in 2017. Since this is not the case for most of us, putting down 0 for 2017 liability is false reporting.
Here is how I fixed mine. I found someone who has the CD/desktop version of the software (the CD allows for 5 people to file taxes for the same cost). I did my taxes all over again using that desktop version. Once it said that I was ready to e-file, I clicked on the "forms" tab/button on the top right corner (this is not available in the online version). This shows all the forms that were filled out for taxes. navigated to the form 2210 (Box A is checked under section II) and found a small button on the lower right corner of Box B under section II of that form (box B is not checked). Clicking on that button however, opens up the "Statement of explanation" form. This statement of explanation is for the whole form 2210 and not box B, its just located there. Typed in "85% waiver" in the "statement of explanation" form and closed all forms and then submitted. My taxes were accepted within 30 mins.
Good luck to all of you!
TT should refund all who are going thru this ridiculous process!!!

By the way, here is the link TT sent me for fixes to form 2210. If you expand the online solutions or desktop solutions, you'll see that they are telling people to file by mail (takes 6-8 weeks for processing per IRS), but like I said earlier, using the desktop version and adding that comment actually resolves the issue.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4612553-electronic-filing-rejection-code-f2210-003">https://ttlc.i...>

The fix posted by myactuary worked for me (overriding checkmark in box A). But I think this may be a problem with the IRS form itself.  The IRS instructions for Line 6 say you can't take your estimated tax payments into account in deciding whether you underpaid estimated taxes.  That makes no sense.  I'm not persuaded this is TT's fault.
katems

I have just submitted without a form 2210 using the "0's" solution solution suggested. I am not going to be a happy person to be around if it gets rejected again or I end up with a problem with the IRS for not filling out the waiver form (I qualified under the 85% rule). I was told by the Turbotax rep that all we had to do was delete the form...and they could not figure out how to do that on the Mac Premier version. Finally researching here I was able to get rid of the form and that better work! The amazing thing to me was that the first response from them was "mail it in". Then after they could not fix it there was no suggestion that perhaps they needed to do something (send me to a level 2 support, refund me, call me back after they had a solution). Nothing....kind of a "too bad for you attitude". Really disappointed
ok6

People!  Did you not see the notice that this is scheduled to be fixed in the update available Friday? Take a chill pill!
katems

Having just spent an hour on the phone yesterday with a support rep that had no idea there was a fix coming and being directed by turbo tax to a "fix" for the 2210 file rejection issue that says users must mail in their return if they receive this error....I am not inclined to feel comfortable that a fix is on its way Friday. If that were true shouldn't the rep and website make that clear???
editsler

Where is the notice that this is scheduled to be fixed? I was also told to just mail it in, which is ridiculous. They should make it clear that they will resolve this issue asap.

I use TT desktop and got the same form 2210 rejection from the IRS. I believe the source is an error in TT where the forms view shows both pages of form 2210, but when it assembles the forms for e-filing and printing, it misses the second page (Parts III and IV), hence the rejection.  Please fix!!

This problem has been reported to TT as far back as last Saturday, 2/16/19 … and maybe earlier. And yet, there is no CONCRETE evidence that there has been ANY effort by TT to fix the programming error. Help Desk staffing is obviously untrained or unable to provide or communicate a solution hence we have a users group that has devised a satisfactory work-around to get those "rejected" returns filed. Anybody that's waiting until Friday for the mysteriously promised "fix" better not be holding their breath. Oh, by the way, I hear that TurboTax will be offering two days interest payment on that refund that you'll be expecting. (Believe that, and you must believe all of Trump's lies, too!) And, I wonder if we'll an apology from Mr. Mark Notarainni, Sr VP, Chief Customer Success Officer? or maybe even Mr. Scott Cook, Founder and Chairman of the Executive Committee (if he still gives a damn about the company).

Just one more voice with the same problem.  I did zero the 1017 tax block, with some trepidation, but since I am certain I owe no penalty, I don't envision too much flak from the IRS.  There certainly should be a better way.  I am waiting to see if the return is accepted.  
macnaz
Returning Member

In response to above posts:  Following is the TurboTax "link" pertaining to the Form 2210 issues; and, specific to some tax circumstances whereby TurboTax DOES NOT indicate an "Underpayment Penalty" due/owed on 2018  Form 1040; AND, where the Form 2210 (contrary to IRS, Form 2210 Instructions) ordinarily, is instructed  to NOT be filed, as follows:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180</a> .
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies