turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Parent planning to claim me, but they haven't filed yet. When asked what their taxable income is when I file, I don't know that right now, how do I continue?

I'm filing right now, and I know my mom plans to claim me, so TurboTax is asking me what her taxable income is, I don't know that information right now. How do I continue with my filing process?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Parent planning to claim me, but they haven't filed yet. When asked what their taxable income is when I file, I don't know that right now, how do I continue?

You may want to go back and edit the Personal Information section and say "Someone can claim me" and then if they don't claim you, you can file an amended return later.

Either that or an extension, as you do not know their income. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You may want to go back and edit the Personal Information section and say "Someone can claim me" and then if they don't claim you, you can file an amended return later.

Either that or an extension, as you do not know their income. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies