Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paid Turbotax for my 2018 return on 41419 but did not efile. I efiled today. How can I explain my late filing status ? I simply forgot to efile after paying Turbotax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Paid Turbotax for my 2018 return on 41419 but did not efile. I efiled today. How can I explain my late filing status ? I simply forgot to efile after paying Turbotax.

You have nothing to explain. 

If you are getting a refund there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due then expect a bill later for your penalty/interest.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

if this is your first time filing late you can request the IRS to abate the penalties 

https://mybrokencoin.com/irs-penalty-abatement-reasonable-cause-letter/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies