turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paid for state e-filing, why is intuit requesting payment again?

I downloaded TurboTax purchased at Costco including state returns.  E-filing states was additional, I paid a $45 fee months ago when I began my taxes, fee paid to intuit, thought it was for 2 state e-files. Just went to submit, and intuit is adding $50 to my charges for state e-filing.  Did I miss something?  Maybe the $45 fee was for something else??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did you do a second state return for a different state?  You get 1 state program, then you have to buy the second different state program which I think is around 45.  Then each state return (including the first one) is $25 to efile ($20 before March 1).  And if you want the efile fee deducted from a federal return there is a Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California).

Or did you accidentally end up using the Online version instead of the Desktop program?  That happens to people.  You are posting from the Online version.

Yeah it sounds like you bought a second state program for $45.  Now you have 2 state efiles for $25x2 = 50.

State buy extra.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies