Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly.

Anyone else getting this message?  And do you know what it means?  Prior to receiving that it said we were all done!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Great news!  It turns out the only thing not great about Turbo Tax is their choice of language. "Oops" is really not a word last minute procrastinators want to see.  But...

But..but!  It's all gonna be OK. I am the original poster with this concern and I and Bobby McFerrin (remember him?) want you to know, -'don't worry, about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.'

Mine gave me the all clear about an hour ago. More than that, I got the call back I requested from the pros and guess what? 1.  The turbo tax pro herself only filed today at lunch (!)  2.  She too, even being on the inside of the curtain, got the oops message.  3.  She agreed that 'oops' should get some web designer fired.  4.  She said, everything is gonna be alright. 

So, night, night.  Go to bed.  You are a responsible adult after all.   

View solution in original post

StephenHB
Returning Member

Update: I spoke to someone through phone support. They stated that the system is just overwhelmed, and there's a timestamp when submit was hit. That is what the IRS uses and will not be considered late. It is a problem, and they are aware of it (but really no answer as to why they don't preemptively state as much on website or in help files).

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Kpasco

The same thing just happened to me

Same :(

still same problem here --- ughghghghhgh

Jane1313

Has anyone who received this Oops message finally get Accepted ?

Still pending…

Jonesee2024
Returning Member

Do your returns show $0? Mine do. Argh!

Felix1234
Returning Member

Same issue.

$0 due

$0 due

I just filed a free extension with HR Block.  Even my extension on turbo tax says pending. 

I am on hold -- once I connected then then they hung up. 

I just got the email that says it was "transmitted" but the oops screen did not change.

What a mess for a premium service.

As long as you transmit your return before midnight April 15, 2024, your return is considered timely filed even if it takes a few days to get accepted. The Electronic Postmark is a timestamp of when your return was transmitted.

Jonesee2024
Returning Member

Haven't received the transmission email yet. Been taking screenshots just for the heck of it. Curious if those on Eastern time zone have until midnight Pacific to submit.

Region7wv

I’m having same problem! Something last minute filers really want to see! Hope IRS got my e-file. Cause its 4/15 and 11:50pm😅😅😅

StephenHB
Returning Member

I have the same error.  No emails. Online help or chatbot provides no help.  Thank you for the community posting messages to lmk what to expect. 

Was this error because I didn't agree to Intuit Karma, third-party Data sharing, and all the other ways they tried to cross-sell and get data? I wonder if others who got this error also tried to only use TurboTax and did not agree to all other Intuit products?

Great news!  It turns out the only thing not great about Turbo Tax is their choice of language. "Oops" is really not a word last minute procrastinators want to see.  But...

But..but!  It's all gonna be OK. I am the original poster with this concern and I and Bobby McFerrin (remember him?) want you to know, -'don't worry, about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.'

Mine gave me the all clear about an hour ago. More than that, I got the call back I requested from the pros and guess what? 1.  The turbo tax pro herself only filed today at lunch (!)  2.  She too, even being on the inside of the curtain, got the oops message.  3.  She agreed that 'oops' should get some web designer fired.  4.  She said, everything is gonna be alright. 

So, night, night.  Go to bed.  You are a responsible adult after all.   

StephenHB
Returning Member

Update: I spoke to someone through phone support. They stated that the system is just overwhelmed, and there's a timestamp when submit was hit. That is what the IRS uses and will not be considered late. It is a problem, and they are aware of it (but really no answer as to why they don't preemptively state as much on website or in help files).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies