turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcstang67

If my federal taxes get rejected from submitting too many times with wrong AIG, can i still efile? I corrected my AIG. Should i wait a few days before trying again?

When i submit now it still gets rejected, but now it says i tried to efile too many times and it says to file by paper. All of this has taken place within the last 24 hours.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
EdwardLO

If my federal taxes get rejected from submitting too many times with wrong AIG, can i still efile? I corrected my AIG. Should i wait a few days before trying again?

Once it tells you that you have to print and mail, e-filing is no long possible no matter how long you wait.

dcstang67

I waited 5 days and sent the efile through again and both Federal and State were accepted even though it told me i had to file by paper
EdwardLO

How many times did you try to file unsuccessfully?
dcstang67

5 times
EdwardLO

Very odd-usually the IRS will force you to print and mail after 5 rejected e-file attempts. Bonus for you!
hglass92

This ^^ is way more helpful. I have been rejected 5 times now and have not resolved anything and am terrified

If you are due a refund, there is no penalty for filing  late.

Three

@Martavious3 You posted one word --- "Three" --- to an old thread that has has no activity for over four years.   What is your question?  What do you need help with?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies