Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Oh no. Looks like we’ve hit a snag" intuit problem

Hello, 
I've used TurboTax for the past few years without a problem. However, this year, I've become quite frustrated with the following problem (that I see everyone on thiis thread has had since 2021)

I cannot change my form of payment to the federal government. You see, I need to be able to print it out and mail it in as my husband is a non-resident alien and so I can’t e-file because I need to print it out and write it in the form myself. But at the end, I had selected as payment, direct deposit for the payment type. However, after doing so, once I got to the end and tried to select print, it said I had to change my payment method. So I tried to go back and change it to a credit card but every time the screen says “Oh no. Looks like we’ve hit a snag. Come back in a few minutes and try again." 
It's not my cache so please don't tell me to clear it out. I've also tried it on another computer and the same thing. I've followed steps listed in the help section, so please do not send that link. I've also looked at the community help center and it appears that many other users have this problem since 2021 and Intuit has not answered their requests. The user chat is useless and I do not live in the US at the moment so I cannot call the support number. An email address will do, or honestly, how to get past this. I'm quite frustrated as this is not a user error.  Can someone please connect me to support somehow??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LJ789456

I've had this pop up whenever I'm ready too. Spent 2 hours on the phone with one of the CPA's from Turbo tax and we literally did a merry-go-round only to end up with the same payment issue. I know it's not my card too. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Also, make sure you have ran all updates. You could also try a different browser.

To call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

While I appreciate a reply, I don't feel like my post was read as I said I literally cleared my cache, please don’t tell me to do so. I also talked to the TurboTax customer service team, who, after 3 people over 2 hours, could not resolve this issue and admitted it was a TurboTax problem. Please stop peddling this answer of "clear your cache and cookies". It's not helpful. Additionally, I did TurboTax online so it’s not an issue of updates. We need to read that the issue was fixed on the TurboTax side. 

plabat

Same problem here.

Spent one hour with support, I try]ied with her pelnty of things nothing worked. My credit card works.

She told me to retry a few hours later. I did, same problem.

Also she waved (a discount) the paiement for state return. I receive a confirmation email for that.

So normally TT should not ask me to pay for the state return. But after several login/logout, restart TT, this dumb TT still don't know that the paiement is not needed anymore. Really a piece of...
Don't know what I am going to do...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies