turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

srj1972
Returning Member

Not able to edit or remove entry from Forms or Step by Step using advised methods

solved - I finally found the entry in Step by Step under "Any other Earned Income", still not sure however why the value was not directly editable or able to be overriden in forms. 

I am returning to taxes after a few months away and stuck on value I cannot remove or edit via Step by Step or Forms view. 

The Edit>Override and right click Override don't function when I select them. .

Right Click>Data Source also does not function on this field

In the 1040 form, I see:

6,000 in field 1040 h Other Earned Income

590 in field 1040 8 Other income

Within Step by Step, TT shows me a combined 6590 In Less Common Income/Miscellaneous Income.

But only the 590 entry and description is visible and accessible for and available for edit in Step by Step , the 6K I assume was my manual add directly to the form and that is why I cannot edit.

Not sure what else might work here, can't access in Step by Step and cant edit the form.

I'd like to remove the 6K, I think I'll be putting it on schedule C instead with some expenses.

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Not able to edit or remove entry from Forms or Step by Step using advised methods

overrides prevent e-filing and also void the Turbotax accuracy guarantee unless deleted.

if you enter directly into the form you should have been able to get to it right click on the box containing the override and then select cancel override.

if that doesn't work i have no explanation

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies