turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bdjibril

How do I download TurboTax 2017 to my iPad

I need to file my 2017 taxes. Can I download the online edition to my iPad Pro?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

No.  You need desktop software which must be downloaded to a full PC or Mac--not to a mobile device.  If you need to prepare a 2017 return, you will need access to a computer that can meet the system requirements for the desktop software.

If you need to prepare a return for 2015, 2016, or 2017 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Nperry02

Spoiler
I thought I could download this system on my IPad is there another system I can use to download for IPads 

Nperry02

Is there another way to download it

@Nperry02 You are adding on to someone else's thread, so it is not entirely clear what you are asking.  But if you are looking for a way to download desktop software to an iPad, you cannot do it.  Desktop software can only be used on a full PC or Mac.  No mobile devices, not a Chromebook, not an iPad, not a phone, not a tablet.

You can use online TurboTax on mobile devices.

BUT the only year you can use online software for is 2019, which is not yet even available.  Any earlier year, like 2016 to 2018 has to be prepared using desktop software.  Online preparation for those years is permanently closed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sorry you can only download the desktop program to a full Windows or Mac computer, not a tablet or mobile device.  What year do you need?  For 2019 there will be a mobile App that is the same as the Online version.  That will open in December.

If you need to do 2018 or prior you can get the blank forms from the IRS and fill them out by hand.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies