turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was came to USA in June, do i need to pay insurance penalty for the months that i was not in USA?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I was came to USA in June, do i need to pay insurance penalty for the months that i was not in USA?

No.  Please check the relevant box under the heading "Wasn't required to have health insurance" as you go through the health care interview (see attached screenshot).  On the next screen you'll indicate which months you were out of the United States. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardG

No.  Please check the relevant box under the heading "Wasn't required to have health insurance" as you go through the health care interview (see attached screenshot).  On the next screen you'll indicate which months you were out of the United States. 

I am on H1B visa and single. Can I select option "Resident of foreign country or US territory"?
RichardG

Yes, that would be appropriate.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies