turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

michaelantonios
Returning Member

Never filed my taxes, and was charged $140. Been rejected for my refund twice despite being a member for over four years. Could I get my refund back?

Was charged $140, and have not been refunded though I never filed my taxes. Been trying to get my money back for over a week, and customer service tells me I am paying $140 because I "prepared" my taxes. I am starting to think I should have listened to the endless complains on Google calling you guys a scam.

Could I please get my money back? This is terrible customer service. I will be doing a lot more damage than $140 by ensuring nobody in relation with me utilizes this scam service. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Never filed my taxes, and was charged $140. Been rejected for my refund twice despite being a member for over four years. Could I get my refund back?

TurboTax offers 100% accuracy guarantee with all federal and state updates to their customers.

Fees are charged when the product is used to file federal and state return(s) (if applicable). Some people prefer or are required to mail in their tax returns and are charged even though e-filing was not utilized. 

Filing an extension can be filed using Easy Extension for free. Get started here

There is a separate extension required for some states. See below for the list to see if this applies to your situation.

TurboTax offers qualifying customers the Free Edition or IRS Free File delivered by TurboTax. There are different eligibility requirements for each. 

For more highly compensated individuals and/or for those filers with more complexity, there are fees charged for this self-prepared service.

For more information, see: 

How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868) in TurboTax Online?

Can IRS extensions be e-filed?

Do I need to file an extension for my personal state taxes?

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

What can I do to reduce my fees?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies