I purchased the Basic TurboTax and thought it included State filings; should I have downloaded the Deluxe package? If so, what does that package include and what do I need to do to upgrade?
I will try and follow directions for the upgrade, but I have a couple more questions.
1. When I upgrade, do I lose the $40 I paid for the Basic package and pay another $60 (not sure how much the upgrade version is) How will that work?
2. Does the upgraded package include being able to do taxes for 4 tax returns. I do taxes for my daughters who are currently unemployed and I myself am retired. I will only need to file one return on-line.
3. Does the upgraded package include being able to file State taxes (California) on all 4 tax returns or do I have to pay additional for each State return?
Help us please.
Please see below for the answers to your questions:
- When you upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe you will not lose the $40.00 you already spent on TurboTax Basic. You will pay the difference between Basic and Deluxe.
- Yes, with TurboTax CD/Download products you can prepare as many returns as you need to, however, you can only E-file 5 federal returns.
- Yes. TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home and Business come with one State download included with the price of the program. This means you can prepare and print unlimited returns for one state at no extra cost. However, there is an additional fee to e-file each state return.
For a comparison of each TurboTax CD/Download product please click here. If you decide to upgrade to Deluxe, please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions: How do I upgrade my TurboTax for Windows software?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"