Josef2

My wife's adjusted gross income is rejected on efile even though we filed jointly, I've refilled making sure to use the correct number, reject

ReginaM

If you filed your federal return last year with the filing status "Married Filing Jointly", then you are going to put the same number for both your AGI and your spouse's AGI, even if your spouse did not earn any money last year.  If you filed jointly, the IRS sees you as a single taxable entity, and you have the same AGI.

Josef2

That's exactly what I did, I won't even begin to describe my experience with the IRS, you would think I made it up.

JeanneLO

@Josef2

If the IRS rejected your return because they stated you submitted an incorrect AGI and you are sure you entered a correct one we suggest that you check the IRS copy of your return versus the copy you have. Sometimes the IRS makes adjustments to tax returns. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript. You can also mail in a paper return. 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge....

bgilbert

I been having a similar problem, except that it's rejecting my AGI from last year.  TurboTax is inserting the correct number from last year's return and I have checked the IRS transcript and the numbers match.  The IRS has rejected the efile 3 times already.  Went thru the same thing last year and ended up just filing a paper return.

ToddL99

Many 2020 e-filed returns have been rejected over an "incorrect" 2019 AGI - in many cases where the 2019 AGI was entered correctly.

The two most effective workarounds are to enter "0" as the AGI or to check that you did not file a return in 2019.

See What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?  for additional information and your options if the above choices do not work.