My wife's adjusted gross income is rejected on efi...

My wife's adjusted gross income is rejected on efile even though we filed jointly, I've refilled making sure to use the correct number, reject

If you filed your federal return last year with the filing status "Married Filing Jointly", then you are going to put the same number for both your AGI and your spouse's AGI, even if your spouse did not earn any money last year.  If you filed jointly, the IRS sees you as a single taxable entity, and you have the same AGI.

That's exactly what I did, I won't even begin to describe my experience with the IRS, you would think I made it up.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Josef2

If the IRS rejected your return because they stated you submitted an incorrect AGI and you are sure you entered a correct one we suggest that you check the IRS copy of your return versus the copy you have. Sometimes the IRS makes adjustments to tax returns. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript. You can also mail in a paper return. 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge....