My state wages are less than my state withholdings...

valleyconcrete

My state wages are less than my state withholdings on my W2. ( this is correct) how do I bypass the error?

I have more than one state withheld as I work in Ma. and reside in Vt and sometimes work in Vt as well, but I didnt work in Vt in 2020 and had Vt tax whld on all of my wages.
ToddL99

When this happens and you cannot e-file your state return, you will have to print and file your return by mail.

See How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online? 

Some states will not accept an e-filed return that shows more withholding than taxable income. It is a red-flag when you have more tax withheld than what you are claiming to have earned; in the past this has been one way for criminals to obtain a fraudulent refund. For this reason, some states require a written return, giving them more time to ensure the return is accurate.

KellyRosazza

Ok Thanks 🙂 

KellyRosazza

I wont even let me go forward to print until the error is corrected. :(

DMarkM1

You will need to enter your box 1 wages amount in both state wages boxes for the the form W2 in the TurboTax.  Alternatively, for the resident state enter at least enough state wages to exceed the withholding. 

Your resident state is going to tax all income from all sources no matter what you enter; this is just to allow the filing.  The non-resident state information needs to be correct however.

KellyRosazza

Gotcha! I will try this 🙂 Thank you!!