Clearly you need to go back and check what you entered when you entered your income and amount of tax withheld from your W-2. The information flows from the federal return to the state return, so go back to Federal>Wages and Income and check all the amounts you entered. Look for added zeros and misplaced decimals. Do not file that return until you find your mistake and correct it.
Mine did the same thing! (Almost-- 3 grand, still 10x more than normal!) I even went back and re-typed all my data from scratch.. At least I'm not alone. But I still don't know what to do about it!
You should check your W-2 form entries and pay special attention to boxes 16 and 17.
Here is how to do that:
- Login to your TurboTax Online Account.
- Select Continue my return.
- Select Federal from the left menu
- Click Edit/Add next to Job (W-2).
- Click Edit next to each W-2 form.
- Review the dollar amount in boxes 1 thru 6 on each W-2 form.
- Review your state information in boxes 16 and 17 as well.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"