turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jrbadura

My software TURBO TAX BUSINESS does not allow me to download State free of charge. That is a change from last year.Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My software TURBO TAX BUSINESS does not allow me to download State free of charge. That is a change from last year.Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?

"Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?"

Actually, there has always been a separate charge for TurboTax Business State (link below), which is purchased and downloaded from within the TurboTax Business program itself. 

A few of the TurboTax CD/download personal tax products are bundled with one free state, but not TurboTax Business.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Are you using the separate stand alone Turbo Tax Business for 1065. 1120 and 1041 returns?  That has never had and free state.

Are you confusing it with the Home & Business Personal program which does come with a free state?

"Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?"

Actually, there has always been a separate charge for TurboTax Business State (link below), which is purchased and downloaded from within the TurboTax Business program itself. 

A few of the TurboTax CD/download personal tax products are bundled with one free state, but not TurboTax Business.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

topsnotoff
Returning Member

Well. because turbo tax updated it's software to only work on windows 11, I had to buy Business 2021 ($150.00) again to add to a new computer ($799.00) , also had to purchase the state again ($55.00) as it locks you out of the previous forms altogether. Over $1,000.00 all due to the upgrade. After all this I still can't get the 2021 state to work. I paid for and downloaded. When I try to open the state software it says I need to buy it again, after I already bought it. So anyways, I clicked that again, I noticed the NC download is missing and it's showing I've already downloaded it.  So I check the box again and click download and in a few seconds it goes away but it didn't download. It did show to download as it should the first time, it's just not working. What do I do now?

@topsnotoff TurboTax software for tax year 2021 requires Windows Operating System of 8.1 or higher.  For tax year 2022 the TurboTax software requires Windows 10 or higher.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Windows minimum requirements - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/minimum-syst...

Contact TurboTax support for the issues you are experiencing for assistance -

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

topsnotoff
Returning Member

My 2022 did not work with windows 10

@topsnotoff wrote:

My 2022 did not work with windows 10

Then something on your computer is preventing the installation or the software from being started.  What error code or message did you receive when trying to install the 2022 software?

It works on thousands of other TurboTax user's computers running Windows 10, including my own computer which is a Windows 10 and has the 2022 TurboTax software installed and updated with no issues.

And for Business 2021 you didn't need to buy it again to reinstall or install on Windows 11.  You should have the original CD or could have downloaded it again.  Same for state.  

topsnotoff
Returning Member

Don’t remember it having a code at the time, it was 5 months ago. Also I had no issues get the last 13 years of turbo tax to work, only this years. If it were the computers it was due to the software. Btw, the more pressing issue is why am I not getting the stat to work on the business 2022 after paying another $55? That ERROR CODE IS 190.

For state error 190....

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to File-New Tax Return).

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

topsnotoff
Returning Member

I do not understand why this particular software required this method to get the state to actually download and work where none of my previous ones or ones released afterwards did. This is why I had said earlier on my previous 2 versions of computers that it was the software and was told it wasn’t when it was exactly what it was this time. Also out of all the people I had spoken to wether it be here on chat, on the technical support chat, telephone, and live online remote support, none were able to fix or help fix. However, Thanks to your information on the specific technique of how to do it was I actually able to to fix my headache of a problem, thank you very much.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies