Solved: My software TURBO TAX BUSINESS does not allow me to download State free of charge. That is a change from last year.Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My software TURBO TAX BUSINESS does not allow me to download State free of charge. That is a change from last year.Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

My software TURBO TAX BUSINESS does not allow me to download State free of charge. That is a change from last year.Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?

"Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?"

Actually, there has always been a separate charge for TurboTax Business State (link below), which is purchased and downloaded from within the TurboTax Business program itself. 

A few of the TurboTax CD/download personal tax products are bundled with one free state, but not TurboTax Business.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

Are you using the separate stand alone Turbo Tax Business for 1065. 1120 and 1041 returns?  That has never had and free state.

Are you confusing it with the Home & Business Personal program which does come with a free state?
Level 15

"Buying software I was convinced that one state is free?"

Actually, there has always been a separate charge for TurboTax Business State (link below), which is purchased and downloaded from within the TurboTax Business program itself. 

A few of the TurboTax CD/download personal tax products are bundled with one free state, but not TurboTax Business.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings