mrbremson88

My refund $2,000 less than expected. When I asked TT about this, they said I actually owed $1663. But I paid that amount on April 30. Did IRS not receive my payment?

Is there an IRS department I can call to track this down?
fanfare

go to www.irs.gov and create your account.

then you can see what IRS says you paid and what you owe.

DanPaul02

If you don't understand your amount of taxes paid, then call the IRS at 800-829-1040, and an agent can look at your return and explain to you what happened.

Mike9241

if you owed $1663 why do you expect a $2000 refund?

@mrbremson88 

If you made a payment of $1663 do you have a bank or credit card statement that shows that payment?  Did you make that payment with a request for an extension?    We do not understand how you made a payment for tax due but expect a refund.  Please explain in more detail.