turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My son's text return was rejected because they said I had him on my return as exemption but hes not I didn't receive credit for him they just asked me if I had any childr

He is 17A senior in high school and wasn't eligible as a credit on my return but because his social security number is on my return they won't let him file or e-file I guess how do I fix that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

My son's text return was rejected because they said I had him on my return as exemption but hes not I didn't receive credit for him they just asked me if I had any childr

You might not have gotten the Child Tax Credit for him since he is 17, but you did claim him as a dependent and rightly so. He will have to check the questions "Can anyone claim me" and Will anyone claim me" with YES. Then he can file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You might not have gotten the Child Tax Credit for him since he is 17, but you did claim him as a dependent and rightly so. He will have to check the questions "Can anyone claim me" and Will anyone claim me" with YES. Then he can file.

Awesome!  Thank you very much.. very helpful
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

My pleasure.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies