Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My payment status changed to payment complete today. Does this mean my fees have been paid from my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

33 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

My payment status changed to payment complete today. Does this mean my fees have been paid from my refund?

Typically, it means that your payment to TurboTax for tax preparation is complete. Did you enter in a payment method (i.e credit card) to pay for your TurboTax fees?  If you need to track your refund, please see the link here:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When your file your tax return successfully and you choose to pay your fees from your Federal refund, the TurboTax program considers the fee paid, even though the federal refund has not been released yet. This is why you see "Payment Completed".

As soon as your return is accepted by the IRS, your info shows at SBTPG, it should have your expected refund amount and it will say that they have not received your refund yet. Once they have your return it will update and tell you when they received it, what they received, what they deducted and when they sent it to your direct deposit account.

See the employee answer on this one

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/if-my-order-detail-have-thanks-for-payme...

I guess I understand that. But it was saying pending for the last two weeks then today says completed so I guess my question is why did not say completed from the very beginning?

The thing is coming out of my refund. I noticed that it was saying pending until today so for two weeks it was pending and today its is complete.

Dclackjr03
Returning Member

What if you had it come out of your refund?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dclackjr03

Yes, payment complete means that your fees have been paid for the services by your refund via the third party processing.  For more information on this, please see the Help Article here for further assistance.  

Dclackjr03
Returning Member

Well when I check turbotax bank it says nothing received and irs still says processing.... first question is two up from here

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

If the Where’s My Federal Refund? tool still says processing, then your tax return has not been processed and no refund has been sent yet. Once the IRS has completed the processing of your tax return, the Where's My Refund tool will update with the direct deposit date. When the IRS releases your refund to SBTPG, they will then deduct your fees and send you the remaining balance. Until the IRS has updated and released the funds, SBTPG will continue to say nothing received.

@Dclackjr03

Justwantmyrefund
Returning Member

What happened? Did you get paid after your thing changed to payment complete? Because the same thing just happened to mine as well

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Justwantmyrefund

You can track your refund disbursement from our third-party processor from SBTPG's site here.  

Carolinaman336
Returning Member

Payment says complete but I think I have the wrong deposit numbers. Will they send paper check immediately?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There isn't a specific timeframe for this type of situation. The average refund with no issues can take up to 6 weeks to receive a paper check. Please refer to the following article for more information. 

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? 

Zenax
Returning Member

Did you get yours? Mine changed today after pending for 2 months. 

Zenax
Returning Member

@Justwantmyrefund  Did you get yours? Mine changed today after pending for 2 months. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies