8411vancouver

My online Turbo Tax filing for 2020 was IRS rejected and not saved on my Laptop. Is there a way to access that tax return filed through a Turbo Tax website?

The online filing was IRS rejected because of inconsistency between that filing and my child's filing.  My old laptop that I previously prepared Turbo Tax returns on was not allowing me to save the 2020 tax return.
Mike9241

using online, your return is never saved on your computer. there is only the online file. to recover that file.

use Turbotax's recovery website

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/ 

8411vancouver

Thank you for that guidance.  When I access the link to the site you provided, I am not sure where I go next on that site to recover the document.  Is there something I need to search on or another link I need to select?  Thanks.

@8411vancouver wrote:

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

We better back up. Did you use the Online browser version or the Desktop CD/Download program installed on a computer?  What happened when you tried to save it?

8411vancouver

A was using Turbo Tax Premier accessed through a CD in my laptop.  When I reached the filing stage using Turbo Tax on my laptop an online filing of the return was done and I closed the Turbo Tax on my laptop (without being able to save the return on my laptop).

8411vancouver

When I attempted to save the return prepared multiple times on the laptop I received a notification that the save attempt failed.