Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

Our updated payment date for the second half of the $4200 is dated 3/24 (today) and lists our bank account but there has been no deposit made yet.  Is anyone else having this issue?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

@ohio king

My stimulus was received today just like the IRS website said it would be.  We do not know why something less than the full amount was issued. 

Has your 2020 Federal 1040 tax return been filed and accepted?  Perhaps the IRS is waiting to compare this payment to your 2020 tax information.

This TurboTax Help states:

Do I need to do anything to get my stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

Perhaps, at some point soon, the 2020 Federal 1040 tax return information will be updated and the full payment issued but we do not know what the IRS plans to do.  The IRS could, again, use the 2021 Federal 1040 tax return to reconcile the third stimulus payments.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center as further updates are issued by the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Woke up this morning to the other half of my stimmy!!!!!!  Thank you to those that called and got the info!!!!  Now if they could just get my 2020 refund out to me........ been processing since February...

Thank you again Turbo Tax fam!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies