Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

You are correct, we are seeing that many TurboTax customers are experiencing delays in checks and deposits from the IRS as well as amounts that are different than what is expected.   While we are waiting for guidance from the IRS and are updating news as it becomes available, please follow this link for updated information.  Also, please visit the IRS website to see their refund and stimulus status tool.

@Sml72978

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

Hi everyone-

I have been stalking my checking account since seeing only half our stimulus check was deposited 3/17. As of today, I just noticed the other half ($2100) is now pending to finally deposit on 3/24. So I hope others in this same issue can see theirs too.

Unfortunately, we have been noticing that many of our customers are receiving less than the amount that is due them.  We do not have information from the IRS as to why this occurs; however As customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

For the most up to date information available regarding stimulus amounts being sent to our customers by the IRS, please review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

@kthostenson

@kthostenson  Thank you for sharing. Who do you bank with? I hope to be in the same boat as I have been unsuccessful contacting IRS. Their lines have been busy. 

Margb

We also received 1/2 of our 2,800 stimulus. Is it a govt issue or turbo tax?

Margb

Thx

I now show the second half (2100) pending in my back account till the 24th.

Unfortunately, we have been noticing that many of our customers are receiving less than the amount that is due them.  We do not have information from the IRS as to why this occurs; however as customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

For the most up to date information available regarding stimulus amounts being sent to our customers by the IRS, please review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

@Marklpena

Abdooll
Returning Member

Congrat

Yes, you are correct, many of our customers are experiencing delays in receiving their stimulus due to the IRS not answering the phone and their online tools not working as expected.  This is true for all taxpayers including those using private tax professionals and other software companies.   As our customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

Please see the following link about late payments: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Here is an FAQ with updated links and information:  Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

@Abdooll

Same here! Showing it pending as well. 

@mhenry530  who do guys bank with? I can seem to see pending deposits. 

Yes, you are correct, many of our customers are experiencing delays in receiving their stimulus without being able to access information via the tools the IRS has provided as expected.  As our customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

Please see the following link about late payments: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Here is an FAQ with updated links and information:  Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

You can also check your IRS online account to see what is on your record from their side, if you haven't already.  Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.

@mhenry530

I bank with a credit union 

@mhenry530  I bank with a credit Union as well (USAA). I must not be looking is the correct area. Did you call IRS or is it just automatically correcting itself?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies