Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

I didn't have an issue with either of my other stimulus deposits. The refund tool says both mine and my husband would be deposited today. No income has changed between my 2019 and 2020 returns, so that shouldn't be an issue. The only difference is that I'm getting money for my 18 year old dependant which was not available in previous stimulus. I'm guessing the 2100 I did get is for mine or my husband plus half of our daughters, so we are still waiting on the other 1400 plus my daughters other 700. So frustrating!!!

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

You know if they were going to go half and half or whatever that would of been a nice heads up as now who knows when I will get the rest which was NEEDED badly.  😤

NYMogul
Returning Member

Same here. Only receive $2,100 direct deposited. Should of been $4,200 for myself, wife and daughter.

MarkH24

My wife and I received $3500. That’s for myself, my wife and 3 dependents all under 12. We filed 2020 taxes in February and already received a refund. Using multiple “stimulus calculators”, sounds like we should have received more. Not sure how to proceed. 

FP4L
Returning Member

My wife and I only received $2100 as well instead of $4200. We have a 2 year old and make under the amount to receive full stimulus payment of $4200. Hope for some reason IRS made a mistake and is sending another payment to those of us this happened to. Please keep us all informed of any changes and I will as well

FP4L
Returning Member

That is fantastic news!! Thank You! I was on hold with IRS forever and then got disconnected!! Everytime call back says too many callers and says call back.

Exactly the same situation.  Income comes from me and the 18 yr too lol

So then I guess at some point I will also get the 1400 for my 10 month old...but I knew there was a chance they would use 2019 and not 2020

NYMogul
Returning Member

Is it Only turbo tax customers having this problem

NYMogul
Returning Member

The problem is widespread.

I only got $2100 as well. Was supposed to get $4200 as my wife and my daughter are dependents. I wonder if it has anything to do with the banks ie: Wells Fargo and chase banks? 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

There are income guidelines that apply.  Please check and see if any apply to you.

If you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!!  I had already checked on the AGI limits and my family for sure falls under the max

Yes most of us are are of this. Even with 2019 and 2020 taxes we made less than the cut off to receive the $1400 per working adult and dependent. There is something that glitched that is effecting anyone who is to receive the amount of $4200 it only distributed $2100 which is half. Looking for info on who to call and how to fix this error. 

Same here. I was one of the injured spouses affected by the 1st stimulus fiasco. The second stimulus-not subject to offset according to irs.gov-was direct deposited on time with two $900 payments. This time, only $2100! What in the world is going on yall?

Injured!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies