Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My filing was rejected, this is the prompt I got: your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding Form 1095-A. I went back in but dont see it.

The full message: "Important Information About Your Federal Tax Return On February 20 or later, your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Please pay careful attention if any of your dependents are filing a separate tax return. The household income is part of the calculation for the Premium Tax Credit." Im using the online edition, went back in today under the 1095-A section, but don't see any additional questions...not sure what to do. Please help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
healthhobbyandhome
Returning Member

My filing was rejected, this is the prompt I got: your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding Form 1095-A. I went back in but dont see it.

I'm having the same issue and talked to customer service, we're hoping because of it saying Feb 20th or later (which is today) the form has been released and will accept the tax return but if not ill need to call back and possibly do a diagnostic on my return which I pray I don't have to do. I found no new questions or anything either so I don't understand why mine is wrong. I'm thinking because they changed requirements for 2019 the forms had to all be updated (which should have happened before the 1st in my opinion). 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We tested this moments ago and it has been resolved.  Please resubmit your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You might need to update your dependent income before re-submitting.  Look for this box.

Hi Catina, I saw that box but it doesn't apply to me.  Me and my wife file jointly, our young children are dependents who don't file separately.  Nothing has changed for a few years, so I'm baffled by this.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Just resubmit then and it will be accepted.

It seems though that you have to go in and re-file the taxes once the update is made...im waiting on the update but dont see it yet...

Ok thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies