bede134

My 2020 returns were rejected but I just saw the email. How can I find the reason now?

TerukoL

The IRS will not start accepting federal returns until 02/12/2021. Just to clarify, was your state return rejected?  You should have received an email explaining why your return was rejected. You can also sign in to your TurboTax account and select Fix my return to see your reject code and explanation.

Please click How do I fix a rejected return? to learn more. 

bede134

Thanks for the answer, I realize I've used the wrong term for my return, it should be my 2019 return filed in 2020. I just found the email that it was rejected and the link is expired with no rejection code present in the email.

SForrestLO

You can contact an agent for further assistance on the rejection code.

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. Contact an agent