charitydiary

My 1040X is mostly blank, only has one number on it, and is unsigned. Why?

Someone else was claiming me, which was why I amended. But literally all boxes are blank except for Line 16. I need this document for school purposes. What do I do?

Edit: Trying to retrieve my 1040X that was filed and accepted for a previous year.

DanPaul02

You need to get someone to help you to file the amend.  It may help if you use a computer, not your phone.  Use the Chrome browser and clear browsing data before you do the amend.   A 1040X with no data will not be what you need.  You may have lost all of your data and end up needing to fill out a 1040X manually.  

If you have a backup of your original return and cannot get the amend to work online, you might be able to have the helpdesk give you a desktop version of the program where you can use your backup to do the amend.  

charitydiary

I'm actually trying to retrieve my 1040X that was filed and accepted for 2019. I downloaded my entire return, including the 1040X, but only Line 16 is on it. It does clarify the reason I amended (switching who claimed me), but that's mostly it. Is it supposed to be like that?

fanfare

If you e-Filed 2019 1040-X, that may be what TurboTax submitted for you.

If your school wants income information, give them the Form 1040 page 1 and 2 instead of Form 1040-X.

If you need a signed form, you'll have to find a pen somewhere.