turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1040X is mostly blank, only has one number on it, and is unsigned. Why?

Someone else was claiming me, which was why I amended. But literally all boxes are blank except for Line 16. I need this document for school purposes. What do I do?

Edit: Trying to retrieve my 1040X that was filed and accepted for a previous year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You need to get someone to help you to file the amend.  It may help if you use a computer, not your phone.  Use the Chrome browser and clear browsing data before you do the amend.   A 1040X with no data will not be what you need.  You may have lost all of your data and end up needing to fill out a 1040X manually.  

If you have a backup of your original return and cannot get the amend to work online, you might be able to have the helpdesk give you a desktop version of the program where you can use your backup to do the amend.  

I'm actually trying to retrieve my 1040X that was filed and accepted for 2019. I downloaded my entire return, including the 1040X, but only Line 16 is on it. It does clarify the reason I amended (switching who claimed me), but that's mostly it. Is it supposed to be like that?

If you e-Filed 2019 1040-X, that may be what TurboTax submitted for you.

If your school wants income information, give them the Form 1040 page 1 and 2 instead of Form 1040-X.

If you need a signed form, you'll have to find a pen somewhere.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies