mikejonespwns

Multiple W2s from company that was bought out

So at my previous job, The company that owned the hotel I worked at sold it to another. I already filed my taxes with my first W2 and the W2 of my new job. In the mail today, I got a third W2 from the new company. So what do I do? 

MinhT1

As you are required to report ALL income, you need to include the 3rd W-2 in your tax return.

If your return is rejected by the IRS, you can add that W-2 and correct other errors, then re-file your return.

If your return is accepted, you'll need to amend your return. Please note that the amended form will not be ready before mid-February.

To amend your return, please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic.

MinhT1

mikejonespwns

Thank you for replying and yeah, I just expect a swift rejection and then I'll add it to the new return. It's just frustrating because the old/new company couldn't inform people beforehand.