turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dd76109

My "Federal Tax Due", although we're not finished with the return, shows over $168K DUE so far. We didn't even earn that much. What's up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My "Federal Tax Due", although we're not finished with the return, shows over $168K DUE so far. We didn't even earn that much. What's up?

Most likely you typed commas instead of decimal points somewhere. Delete all the cents, and round each entry to the nearer dollar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Most likely you typed commas instead of decimal points somewhere. Delete all the cents, and round each entry to the nearer dollar.

And you need to wait to get all your tax documents like W2 and 1099s.  They should come by the end of January.

Take a peek at the form 1040 to see what line looks way off ... then you know where the miss key happened ...

You can peek at the form 1040 by going here:

My Account  >>> Tools >>> View Tax Summary >>> Preview 1040

To view the entire return using the online editions before you file, you will need to pay for your online account.
To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2015 return at this time, click on My Account at the top of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Continue.  On the next screen it will ask if you want Audit Defense, if you do not want this option just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies