Money was taken out of my account that was unauthorized

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of TurboTax account fees when the federal refund is delayed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

qtip18810

I Did My Taxes With Turbotax When I Started It Stated It Was Free.When I Looked In My Account It Stated I Owed $79.00 For Filling My Taxes, When It Stated It Was FREE.I Want The Money Put Back In My Account I Am 75 Years Old  Years I Am A Senior City son        My Name Is Shirley[PII removed]  My Email Is [email address removed]    Thank You!!!!

DaraLO

TurboTax Free Edition (and TurboTax Live Basic) are intended for taxpayers with very simple returns that can fit on the new 1040 form without any schedules. Not all taxpayers qualify.  Please review the following Help Article for situations that may require you to upgrade to a paid TurboTax product:  Why do I have to upgrade from Free Edition? - Intuit

Prior to printing or e-filing your return, you can review your fees to find out why you're being charged. Then, follow the directions in this Help Article to remove any unwanted charge:  Why am I being charged for TurboTax Free Edition?

Additional Resource:  How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

@qtip18810 

Was charged for tax return I'm not getting 

@dimelodave What does that mean?   Do you mean you paid to file a tax return but the IRS is not sending your refund to you?   Your post is confusing.    Explain clearly please.

Yes

ee-ea

Why was money taken out my account

I haven't received my federal and you guys took 128 out my account.

@lawandagilbert2023

TURBOTAX TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY  ACCOUNT

Did you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?  Is your refund taking an unusually long time to arrive?  Or was your refund seized to pay a debt you owed? if so, you signed an agreement that says TT can withdraw its fees from your account.  TurboTax would have sent several emails to you before they took the money out of your account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees

Turbo Tax says......

We understand that these are unprecedented times and we’re committed to helping our customers who are experiencing hardships. If you’re in need of assistance, call us by the Tuesday prior to your debit date at 1-888-808-1723 to speak with a trained specialist and mention “auto-debit”, or visit TurboTax Support.

@lawandagilbert2023 See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the TurboTax fees if the refund is delayed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/bank-account-auto...