Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i file tax return with turbo tax and pay later

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

You can choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, but it will cost an extra fee of $39.99 ($44.99 in CA) if you choose the "refund processing fee".  Otherwise, you need to pay using a credit card before you can file or print.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am asking do i need to pay federal return using turbo tax. It is asking for me to pay. Not sure if that is federal tax or turbo tax fees

if it is turbo tax fees. I will pay and file the tax

ok...I thought turbo tax is asking me to pay federal tax money...if it is Turbox tax feee. I will complete tax returns tomorrow.

Look at your tax return so that you will know if you owe the IRS.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing">...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh--you are asking about paying your federal tax due.  Sorry--I thought you meant your TT fees.  Yes, you can file the return now and pay the IRS by April 15, 2019.  You can mail a check or money order with the 1040V voucher or you can pay directly on the IRS site.  The amount of federal tax you need to pay is on line 22 of your Form 1040.  (If you have an underpayment penalty see line 23).

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online">https://ttlc.i...>
Jfink1525

But can I file one day with TurboTax and come back a week to make my tax payments to fed and state through TurboTax (not on gov site)??

@Jfink1525 wrote:

But can I file one day with TurboTax and come back a week to make my tax payments to fed and state through TurboTax (not on gov site)??

You cannot after you file.    You will have to pay by other means.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies