turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Last year I used self employed filing program, I can not find the option to change to basic because this year I do not have my business so I do not need this program.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cindy 53

Last year I used self employed filing program, I can not find the option to change to basic because this year I do not have my business so I do not need this program.

Hi,

The turbotax you would want to purchase is the personal program- home- not business. However, you may want to use the business program for your first year without the business because you have to notify the IRS why you're not including business income this year.  They give you choices for why such as "abandoned" or lost due to a federally classified disaster.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you find yourself in the Self-employed program, you will have to clear the program and start over to change to another version. You can do that by following these instructions:

1. Look for the "Tax Tools" option on your left menu bar in TurboTax and click on it

2. Find the "Tools" option and click on it

3. Look for "Clear & Start Over " in the menu of options and click on that option to start your return over

When you start over,  you should see an option to change from the version of TurboTax that you used previously.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies