turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There is a charge on my Credit Card Statement, "L2G*service fee $14.84. Can you tell me what it is for?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyD

There is a charge on my Credit Card Statement, "L2G*service fee $14.84. Can you tell me what it is for?

L2G stands for Link to Government. The $14.84 is the service fee charged by the processing company in behalf of the IRS for using your credit card to make the payment you owed for your taxes.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
briggs

OK but my fee was over $140!
jmaelync

Mine was $104, what's the most maddening is that I didn't see TurboTax notify me of this prior to checkout... Unless it was in the fine print somewhere..
mk21459

I wasn't notified of my 109.86 fee either

@mk21459 - The "L2G" processing fee has nothing to do with TurboTax whatsoever.   It is a fee charged by IRS payment processors when you choose to pay your *tax* with a credit card.   That has nothing to do with paying the separate TurboTax fees for the use of the software.

See the IRS website for information.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/uac/pay-taxes-by-credit-or-debit-card">https://www.irs.gov/uac/pay-taxes-by-cred...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
KaseyD

L2G stands for Link to Government. The $14.84 is the service fee charged by the processing company in behalf of the IRS for using your credit card to make the payment you owed for your taxes.

Kube

I was charged 150, but I'm supposed to get a return, I don't owe any taxes, so now I'm even more confused.

Kube

also, @ macuser_22 , your link to that website is broken.

@Kube - This thread (and link) could be several years old.     This thread was on the old Answer Exchange which was migrated to this new forum on 6/6/2019 so it has that date.    Old links did not transfer properly and is causing a lot of confusion in this new forum.

The current link to the IRS website for paying with a credit card is:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-credit-or-debit-card

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
velezj65

Why was I charged 12.00 for L2G*TN Dep

I filed papers with the superior court yesterday. My receipt shows L2G Maricopa cosc (Maricopa county superior court)

jon32

I received an l2g processing charge of $45.89! This is outrageous, particularly in view of the $14.84 charge referenced here, and since I did not itemize. Note that the L2g charge is in addition to the Intuit fee I paid. This is enough to convince me that from now on I will hand-prepare my tax return. While Turbotax provides an easy to follow process to file one's taxes, the added charges nullify the convenience. Again, outrageous!

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BeanIV

I was charged a L2G*service fee of $205.45. Why is is so extremely high?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends upon the amount of your tax liability.  Please see the following links from the IRS as to the rates charged and how the amounts are charged.

IRS Credit card processor fees

IRS Payment Processor Fee Comparison based upon payment amount

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies