turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Form from 1 PTP lists itself and 1 other PTP and both are Pass-through.

(NOTE: This is for my 2019 late taxes on TT Premier for 2019. Then doing 2020 right after on TT Premier for 2020.)

K-1 lists itself as a PTP and Pass through. Then below it lists SPH as a PTP and pass-through. Crestwood owns shares of SPH.

When I input the second K-1 for SPH I listed according to what I read on here, but when I see this screen it gets confusing:

We see you have Section 199A Income

- The income comes from the partnership that generated this income

-The income comes from another business (I selected this then underneath a box pops up)

- The other business is a publicly traded partnership. (when I select this it tells me to delete the Section 199A income and file a separate K-1! so should I not select that? If I deselect it asks for the name of this entity and its EIN #. It seems like I should do that...but I'm not sure at all)

I have one other K-1 from a different company that does the same thing with 3 total PTP/Pass-throughs.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

K-1 Form from 1 PTP lists itself and 1 other PTP and both are Pass-through.

Its definitely confusing.  The 199A rules require that QBI income be tracked by entity, so the interview is trying to make sure that you split the K-1s so that 199A income isn't combined.  But you've done that when you split Crestwood and SPH.  So when you get to the "the income comes from the partnership that generated this income" question, you'd check it for both K-1s.  The SPH 20Z income comes from SPH.  And the Crestwood 20Z income comes from Crestwood.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies