turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've had four jobs in 2017, two of which I earned less than $1,000 from (I only worked for a few weeks), so which W-2 forms do I need to submit? All four?

Out of the four jobs, two jobs I quit after just a couple weeks and only received one or two paychecks from. The other two jobs I worked at for several months. Do I have to get all four of my W-2 forms? Or just the two from which I earned substantial income? Would putting all four jobs down hurt my chances of getting a higher tax return or improve them? (I'm a college student and thus, a member of the lower class if that affects anything). 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I've had four jobs in 2017, two of which I earned less than $1,000 from (I only worked for a few weeks), so which W-2 forms do I need to submit? All four?

You have to report ALL your income no matter how small.  Even $1 of bank interest you don't get a 1099Int for.  The IRS gets copies of all your W2s and will be expecting to see them on your return or they will send you a letter.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You have to report ALL your income no matter how small.  Even $1 of bank interest you don't get a 1099Int for.  The IRS gets copies of all your W2s and will be expecting to see them on your return or they will send you a letter.

What if the two jobs were I only worked for a few weeks don't have W-2 forms for me? How can I report my income from them? Bank statements?

Just wait.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the W2s.  And there's no hurry.  The IRS won't start taking returns until Jan 29 even if you submit them to Turbo Tax now.  It will just sit on Turbo Tax servers until the IRS is ready.  

Did they take taxes out of your paychecks?  Post back if you get a 1099Misc instead of a W2.

Yeah I filled out the W-4 forms for all four jobs, so I'm assuming the taxes were taken out of my paychecks from all of  them. What exactly is a 1099Misc?

That's if you are self employed and they do not take out any withholding or SS or Medicare taxes.

what was taken out based on w-4 is not relevant. If you are an employee, they have to give you a W-2.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies