Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

I disagree.  Letting the company know from a fair number of customers that they could have done something better is the ONLY way to expect a change in customer service  and customer respect.  TT really blew it on this one.  It would have been SO easy to handle this differently with minimal cost and perhaps even additional revenue streams.  I refuse to remain silent when treated this way and the time I spent writing my thoughts, including this response, was worth a lot more than spending time looking for some mediocre and deficient substitute piece of software.  

So, is our TT fee going to be reduced now that Its Deductible is being discontinued????

pete1weston,

Thanks, I needed a laugh today!

Pete: Re the possibility of TT reducing price due to discontinuance of Its Deductible…….I have a bridge for sale if you or anyone else is interested.

I feel the same way. I have used It's Deductible every year and find it to be one of the Most Valuable Features of TurboTax. Please reconsider your plan to do away with this very Valuable Feature. Thanks!!

Love the e-mail and very spot on.  I've been a loyal TurboTax customer for nearly 20 years now and this is poorly planned at best.  The ease of ItsDeductible is a large part of what kept me coming back since I still itemize.  Since that will no longer be an option, I'll be evaluating my options.  I hope they planned for some lost revenue as a result of this decision...

Some users have reported that the IRS did not accept the ItsDeductible values, since they were nationwide in scope, and not specific to the taxpayer's locality.

I was willing to look at Mint, but it demands links to accounts before going past the first page. Sorry, I am not interested in any products that want my personal info before I decide to purchase. 

I have used ItsDeductible for over 20 years since before Intuit acquired it. I switched to H&R Block with DeductionPro because it was less expensive. I switched back when H&R Block integrated DeductionPro into their tax software. Now this will make me switch back to H&R Block with DeductionPro.

Interesting ... Block & TT have a rival  relationship so I am betting that Block also drops their deduction pro tool within a year or 2 after they get the TT folks that defect...  so we will see.

Critter-3:  You use the word “defect” to refer to folks who might choose to leave TT. Really?! …..as if TT still deserves loyalty after this.

Thank you so very much for posting this.  I will be switching to this also.  I stayed with TurboTax because ItsDeductible was so convenient.  Yes, long time user of ItsDeductible also

Personally I don't know why folks pledge allegiance to any one program except they make it easy to stay but many others leave other tax programs to come to TT only to leave again... or what I call "floaters".   If you are qualified to use the IRS FREE FILE options then you should stick with one of those.  If you are not then this is a decision you must make for yourself based off what your priorities currently are.  

@wpc09 wrote:

I, too, am disappointed, as there is no real alternative to ItsDeductible's functionality, especially for loading charitable giving into TurboTax. If anyone finds a REAL alternative that can do the same for the several dozens of charitable donations I do every year, my effort to file taxes just got much larger.

Quicken can do that for donations of money, stock or mileage, but not for donated goods

I believe Mint can also do the same (no import as of yet, though).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies