Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

MINT is NOT an option for ItsDeductible, not near the same, and besides uploading bank accounts - no thank you.  KEEP ItsDeductible even enhance it - market it - it's a money maker in the long run.  

Well Champ:  Have you really looked at MINT?  good luck in getting what you truly want for your itemized deductions from this - it's nothing more than a trap.  Hey, and BTW, keep up with your spreadsheets - wow, now that is outdated.  

Not a good tax advise.

Now really, who has time for that?  Kidding right - we need ItsDeductible!!!

How's about finding something comparable, that works better and kick TurboTax to the curb.  

Hoov
Level 3

Discontinuing itsdeductible in the middle of a tax year is a real disservice to its long-time customers like me.  You should have either discontinued it in the tax year 2021 or at the end of the tax year 2022 and not when half the year is up.  Now I have to fumble around finding another approach and figure out how to extract all of the tax deducible information I have already loaded for the tax year 2022.

Please extend the discontinuation of itsdeductible to the end of this tax year.  It is the only fair thing to do.

Sincerely, Richard Hunt--a TurboTax user for over 35 years.

@Hoov  - I wonder if TT is in fact making itsdeductible available 'until the end of the tax year'...... the discontinue date is Oct 17 and the 2021 extension deadline is Oct 15...... so while they could have done a better job of communicating, sounds like they are covering the 2021 tax year and not the 2022 tax year. 

The reason it's being discontinued is not because enough people didn't use, but because they did a bad job implementing / marketing it.  It's a useful tool and Intuit is dumb for discontinuing it.  But then again, they're not a top tier tech firm so no talent.

I am very disappointed by this move. I understand it is a 'free' service, but yet that service provided stickiness/loyalty to stay with TurboTax as a feature. Now, I will consider filing taxes with software other than Intuit.

Hoov
Level 3

Hello,  I have loaded almost a half year of my charity donations under the 2022 tab.  They should have either canceled this at the end of 2021 or 2022 and not in the middle of the tax year as they are proposing to do.  Now I have to futz around figuring out an alternative approach.

This is the stupidest decision I have ever seen from a software company

why the hell even keep it through Oct 17 if its not going to be able to be used for a 2022 return??

At least keep it functional through 12-31 and enable  import into the 2022 returns

I have been growing more and more disappointed by all Intuit products (I use Quickbooks, Quicken and Turbotax) and you about to lose my business over this idiotic decision

Hoov
Level 3

I think Intuit sold Quicken and I hope the new owners don’t drop it too.

Mint is not. I repeat not a viable option. The most valuable function of ItsDeductible is valuation of non-cash contributions. I can keep track of monetary donations using my personal accounts. In fact, I have to do that to enter it into the program.  Is there any comprehensive alternative for non-cash donations? — For purchase or other? Please reconsider discontinuation. Charge for it if you must.

Thanks! Good to have a reference. I'm going to miss It's Deductible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies