Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It won't let me e-file because they are waiting for form 8995-a. I did have a LLC filed in year 2019 but there is no income. Will i still be able to e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

It won't let me e-file because they are waiting for form 8995-a. I did have a LLC filed in year 2019 but there is no income. Will i still be able to e-file?

It sounds like TurboTax is trying to prepare the Form 8995-a because you indicated it was a business qualified for the qualified business income deduction. TurboTax anticipates the Form 8995-A will be available on February 20, 2020.

Based on your statement that with the LLC "...there is no income" I will say that 20% (The amount of the qualified business deduction) of 0 is still 0 so it sounds like you can e-File now without the Form if you go back to the interview questions for the LLC and answer that the business is "NOT" a qualified business for purposes of the qualified business income deduction and then TurboTax won't be trying to look for the Form 8995-A, so to speak. Then you should be able to e-File now.

But, if you do have any qualified business income, you should wait for the Form 8995-A to become available so you can take advantage of the deduction.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies