shultzy

It says i need to upgrade my free edition to Deluxe because of schedule 2. I do not have a schedule 2 on my return. How do I fix this?

You must have entered some tax data that is not supported by the Free edition requiring you to upgrade to the Deluxe edition.

Look at the Schedule 2 that is included with your tax return.  There will be a Line item with an amount entered.  Which Line has an amount?

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

IRS Schedule 2 - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s2.pdf

OR There is also The Turbo Tax Free File program which is free for federal and state. And has more forms than the Federal Free Edition, like Schedules A, B, C , D, E, F, EIC, H, K-1, SE, etc.

NOTE: You will have to log out of your regular Turbo Tax Account and setup a new account with a new username and new password or it will take you back to regular Turbo Tax.

To qualify you just need to meet one of these 3 things…..
AGI $36,000 or less
Active duty military with AGI of $69,000 or less
OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)

In order to use the Tax Freedom Edition, you have to start it at a special website:
https://freefile.intuit.com/