turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdarm1234

When I try to delete Form 37 under our State taxes, it says "This form can't be deleted." This form does not apply to us.

We've gone under Forms, found the form, there's 3 pages, we click delete this form, and when we're done deleting, they're still there.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichaelDC

When I try to delete Form 37 under our State taxes, it says "This form can't be deleted." This form does not apply to us.

Is this an Ohio state return?
MichaelDC

It's hard to tell what your question is without knowing more about your situtation. If you have additional questions or details regarding this, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

You may have inadvertently created Form 37 in your return during the OH interview.  To remedy this situation, please follow these steps:

1. Go into your OH return.
  2. On the screen, A few things before we wrap up your state taxes, click the Start/Revisit box next to Ohio city taxes.  
  3. On the next screen, City Income Tax?, click the None of the above box and click Continue.

Now check to see if Form 37 has been deleted from the Forms List:

1. While in your return, click My Account (in the blue bar at the top of the screen).
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Under "Other helpful links" click on Delete a form.
  4. Scroll down to the Ohio forms section.  Form 37 should no longer appear.  
  5. If it does, click Delete.
  6. Click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).
Since you first made the changes in the interview, Form 37 should not regenerate and you should be able to e-file your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies