Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"It looks like we hit a snag"

I recently purhased, downloaded and installed TurboTax Deluxe for the Mac.  Every time I've launched the application it's worked OK except for once maybe five or so launches back where it suddenly quit.  On subsequent restarts, it's worked fine since except it keeps putting up this "it looks like we hit a snag" message from that one failure several starts ago...  Across the top it has the titles of  "Info", "Error Description" and "Privacy Protection” and down at the bottom is a check box (always checked until I uncheck it) that says 'Send all error reports automatically" and a button in the lower right that says "Send to TurboTax"...  I don't intend to send such info to TurboTax and I always just close the window from the X in the upper left...  but then, the next time I launch TurboTax, there it is again...  This has happened in past years, at least one other time as well...  But I don't recall what I ever did to get this old window to stop opening and stop with the checked "Send all error reports automatically"....  The software seems to be working ok but for that one time when it suddenly quit...  But this errant window continues to open...  Why and how do I make it go away and stay gone???   Seems like a bug...  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Were you able to solve your issue? 

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No...  Launched TT Deluxe for Mac this morning and as it sometimes does, today it said it had upates and it "suggests" that I install them...  Having no choice (and "no choice" has always been the only option going back many years) so of course I installed them, and I had a small hope that perhaps this old message that is now clearly coming up each time I launch the software would now go away...  But no...  Software is working and has worked every time but for that once when it just quit...  I looked and the same thing happened last year...  Exactly same message and all although that was under TT Premier for the Mac where this year I purchased and installed TT Deluxe for the Mac...  I have a memory that last year it did finally go away although my notes to not speak to that...   So, my guess is this isn't all that uncommon since it's even happened to me in at least one year past but it sounds like at this Community level, no one has any ideas...  Surprising but ok...  I got your link below...  Shouldn't bother me to just live with it as long as it doesn't mess up my ability to eventually submit my taxes in a few weeks...  thanks...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies